Yardly Independent Service Provider Documentation

The following is a list of required documents in order to become a Yardly Independent Service Provider. These documents must be provided before the Independent Contractor Agreement will be offered for signing.

For all applicants:


  1. Valid Driver’s License – verifying you are over 18 years old
  2. Direct Deposit Information (Void Cheque preferred)
  3. Criminal Record Clearance (See below for details)
  4. GST number (if applicable, if you do not have one we will not pay you the GST)
  5. Equipment list and photographs
    1. A smartphone (Android running OS 4.1 or higher, or iPhone running iOS 8 or higher)
    2. Vehicle for transporting equipment
    3. For Lawn: Lawn Mower, Trimmer, Rake, and Brooms are minimum requirements
    4. Leaf Blowers and Broadcast Fertilizer Spreaders are recommended for lawn, and REQUIRED for Spring and Fall Clean-Ups
    5. For Spring and Fall Clean-Ups: Power Rakes, Aerators, and Power Edgers are recommended
    6. For Snow: Snow Shovel, Ice Chopper, and Ice Melt are minimum requirements
    7. For Snow: Snowblowers/throwers and Leaf blowers are recommended


For Pro Provider applicants:


  1. All of the above requirements
  2. Business License in lieu of a Criminal Record Clearance
  3. A WCB Clearance Letter for Employees (not required if sole owner)
  4. Copy of your insurance policy with Rockia Inc. o/a Yardly on the policy (this won’t add any cost to your premium). Please send the below information to your insurance broker:
    1. Commercial general liability insurance with a per occurrence limit of at least $2,000,000 which insures against bodily injury (including death), property damage, and personal and advertising injury. The commercial general liability insurance will also include products and completed operations coverage, contingent employers liability coverage, contractual liability endorsement for liability assumed within all written contracts, and non-owned automobile liability coverage.
    2. If automobiles are used in connection with the service provider’s performance of the services in this agreement: Third party liability coverage for bodily injury (including death) and property damage arising out of the use or ownership of all vehicles owned, leased, or used by the service provider with a per occurrence limit of at least $2,000,000.
    3. Property Insurance on an All Risk basis covering the property and equipment owned, leased or used by the service provider in the performance of the service
    4. Rockia Inc. o/a Yardly will be added as an additional insured to this policy and the insurer will waive all rights of subrogation against Rockia Inc. o/a Yardly and its affiliates.
    5. All insurance shall be evidenced by a certificate of insurance reasonably acceptable to Yardly. Such insurance certificate shall show Rockia Inc. o/a Yardly as certificate holder and provide: (i) that the coverages thereon shall not be cancelled without thirty (30) days prior written notice to Yardly; and (ii) that Yardly shall be notified of a Pro Provider’s failure to renew any policy listed on the certificate not later than the anniversary date for each policy, throughout the term of this Agreement. Yardly shall not be liable for any acts or omission of any Provider regardless of whether that Provider has obtained insurance or not.


Criminal Record Checks:

Two pieces of identification must be produced to perform a Criminal Record Check:

  1. One piece of identification must be a valid government issued identification including a photo. For example: Driver’s Licence or Identification Card, Passport, Permanent Residence Card, Indian/Metis Status Card.
  2. The second piece of identification can be any identification that includes your full name and signature.


Edmonton: Police Information Checks can be submitted at any EPS branch with a 7 business day return time. Same day checks can be completed at the EPS Police Information Check Section, which is located at #108, 14315-118 Avenue NW Edmonton (details can be found at http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/CommunityPolicing/OperationalServices/PoliceInformationCheck.aspx).

Fee: $70 including GST

Calgary: Police Information Checks can be submitted at any CPS branch or online through https://policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca/. Please note that this process may take up to 4 weeks to complete, and as such Yardly recommends applying ASAP to ensure you are cleared to work. Full details can be found at: http://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Public-services/Police-information-checks.aspx.

Fee: $30

Winnipeg:Police Information Checks can be submitted in person at Winnipeg Police Headquarters (245 Smith Street) or online through https://policeinformationcheck.winnipeg.ca/” (use agency name “Yardly”). Please note the process may take a couple of weeks for online applications, and up to 8 weeks for in person applications. As such Yardly recommends applying ASAP to ensure you are cleared to work. Full details can be found at: http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/pr/pic.stm.

Fee: $49 for online, $44 for in person (including GST)

Updated on September 15, 2019